Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hot Rednesday....

A couple of my favorite British Comedy Series.......



Well today was 86-88 degrees, 100% humidity, tomorrow will be 90 +.... We were inside all day with the A.C. on... But the weather isn't the only "hot" thing going on around here.

This past weekend was a "hot" one, on Friday, My Boricua went to pick up our oldest girl earlier than usual, He had several appointments at the VA Hospital and we wouldn't be able to be back by the time school was over, to His surprise He found our Girl at the main office crying, she has been bullied since last year, but Friday My Girl couldn't take it anymore. And how amazing is Our Lord that I suggested (( well it was HIM who put that thought on my mind )) my husband to go that day into the office himself, usually I am the one who goes into the school to sign out our Girls.

Oh My Lord...!!! all the h*ll broke loose, even the devil ran away from My Boricua that day, being a former Marine, well a Marine (once a Marine, always a Marine), He took charge of the situation and defended our Girl with all His heart and guts. What agraviated Him most was the Principal didn't take the time to listen to him. My Girl is a Honor Roll student, she is a role model and an asset for that Middle School. He notified the school our Girl wouldn't attend school until the situation was resolved.

We went on Monday mornign to school, first we were told the Principal wasn't there, I told them her car was in the parking lot; then we were told she was in a very important meeting, I asked them if She was refusing to meet with Us; then they suggested we could of meet with a counselor, we refused and asked for the Superintendent address and phone number; we got the number and asked again if the principal would spare 5 minutes, they said she couldn't; My Marine told them our lawyer would contact her; we were offered to meet the Vice-Principal, My Boricua said -"NO! already spoke to Him on Friday, a very unpleasant conversation"-; we were told the Principal was on her way and were guided to her office, and then THAT WOMAN!! with a "stupid look" on her face told the vice-principal "I have a very important meeting", I told her "it will take only 5 minutes"; she said she wished she could but she couldn't.

At this point My Marine PTSD was skyrocketing at the light speed, the vice-principal asked if we were willing to meet with him, I had to drag My Marine with me to the vice-principal office and we talked and talked... except My Marine, He didn't blink or moved, at one point I felt sorry for the Vice-Principal, he was trying the best He could to reach out to a very upset Father. But you see to a PTSD combat veteran there are very few things with value, almost none, but do NOT touch was it is important to him because he can go to war once again to protect it.

And well to avoid a 10 pages post, we were told The Girl was suspended from school until her parents schedule a meeting with the vice-principal, my Girl will be doing her art work (this incident happened at Art Class) with her gym teacher, KUDOS for Mrs. Ferrante because She is an amazing teacher and teaches the Girls to be strong. Science class will be the only one they share, we were offered to attend that specific class just to make sure our Girl will be o.k., but apparently some family crisis happened on the girl's family and she is not coming back to school any time soon.

Finally for my Rednesday, I had in mind these pics, but my finger ER trip changed everything. The book "The Red Leather Diary", I won it via Swag-bucks, a searching engine that gives you swag dollars you can exchanged for prices. I accumulated several hundreds and got an Amazon card and got the book. Love it..... it's an amazing story, a diary from the 30's found by an writer in NY city.


Finally...!!!! I have been dying to read this book for a couple of years...



P.D. My finger is healing wonderfully thanks to God. I can't wait to get my acrylic nails with a neon color on them and a beach scene, so ready for summer. ( Can you believe the first thing that came to my mind when I "sliced" my finger was "Oh God, I won't be able to have fake nails again???", LOL....)

26 comments:

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

Hi, I hope your feeling better soon! It was 90 degrees here in the Berkshire Mountains today! Man, it was a hot one...I'm glad your husband stood up for his precious daughter, not enough people have the courage to do that, yay, for him and you! Your daugther is blessed to have such loving parents. I hope you really enjoy reading your new book. Thank you for visting and leaving your sweet comment on my "Strolling Along Memory Lane..."REDNESDAY post!
Hugz,
Kim

CACHANILLA73 said...

Thanks Kim...!!! I am very blessed to have My Marine, My Girl was (still is) so impress by her Father actions, and She knows we won't let nothing or nobody hurt her. ;-)

Donna said...

Yikes to the finger accident, but I'm glad it is getting better now. The "Diary" book would be very interesting.

D

CACHANILLA73 said...

D, I know, it was very scary. The story behind the book it's so amazing.

Angela said...

Will be praying for you daughter. Here in Ontario we have a 'no bully' policy. Of course that doesn't mean the youth don't get bullied nor have to go through what your daughter and your husband has gone through, plus you. I've been there, done that quite a few times. As my husband said to one teacher "if this was going on in the work place someone would be charged, why does my son have to put up with something like that"

Glad your finger is on the mend.

Bearly Sane said...

Oh I love As Time Goes By ... I think Dame Judi Dench is just fabulous!
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane

CACHANILLA73 said...

Angela, thank you for your prayers. It is unbelievable the school doesn't have a policy about this. My Girl is not the only one been bullied, and what it's worst the Principal and administrators sort of justify the bullying. The excuse is that the bullies come from dis fragmented families and we should feel sorry for them...

CACHANILLA73 said...

Sandi, I discovered As Time Goes By in the 1999 and I never get tired of watching it.... love it as the first time... ;)

SueLovesCherries said...

I am SO glad you have such a strong husband! And that the Lord is on your side - if God be for us, who can be against us?

Hooray for your finger healing! That's cute about the fake nails.

Aren't British comedies the best? My favorite is Allo, Allo.

Julie said...

Cotty,

I am so sorry for the bullying..I am glad that you are standing for your daughter and letting her know you support her. And also letting school officials see that you believe your daughter and her character and back her 100%. This is necessary in public schools. It is a shame that the innocent have to fight so hard for what is RIGHT. No justification or excuse should make allowances for bad and WRONG behaviors. I will say a prayer that God will honor your stand to protect your daughter, and that Your Hubby will be given the strength to stand tall and strong without losing it.
True Strength is being justified in your anger and indignation, yet not unleashing it, because your cause is honorable, and your unyielding and controlled stand will win out in the end. God will honor that.
God bless your family. Love that you got a book you have wanted for so long. Swagbooks! woot! Glad your finger is improving too!!! HUGS to you Cotty!

craftyles said...

The book sounds really interesting. I've never heard of it. I'll have to look it up.

Mary Ann said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope everything works out well for your daughter and that your finger heals quickly. Happy Rednesday.

CACHANILLA73 said...

Sue, I am so grateful for the strength of My Boricua, in the midst of all his illness He did stand tall and I felt protected again... and You are right, The Lord WILL win the battle for us.


Julie, thank you for your beautiful words and most of all for your prayers... it's so hard to remain calm when our children are hurt, I can only imagine what was going in My Boricua's mind at the precise moment He walked in to the office and found Her there, sitting and crying. But I DO know My Girl felt a great relief seeing Daddy appeared almost 'like magic', I explain to Her that's the way Our Lord Acts, little unexpected miracles when we need them most. Hugs to you too..


Craftyles, the book is about this young girl living in NY city in the 30's and her life for about 5 years, girls from those years weren't so different from now.


Mary Ann, thanks..!!!

★Carol★ said...

Hooray for you and your husband, for standing up to bullying! I thought that it was taken very seriously these days, and that they did everything to put a stop to it. I can't believe you had to fight so hard to talk to the principal. Hopefully the trouble is over.
That book sounds really interesting, and I'm glad to hear that your finger is better!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol
**Will you please tell your husband thank you for his service to our country? I appreciate all of our soldiers and veterans very much!

CACHANILLA73 said...

Carol thanks for your comments, I gave My Marine your thanks. ;-) ... I did think bullying was taken seriously, but oh I was so wrong. Thank God my Girl has her Daddy to protect her and God to watch over her...

Anonymous said...

Glad your finger is doing better so you can get those beach-y acrylic nails goin' on ;)
We love "As Time Goes By" - aren't Lionel and Jean such neat people? Ya want to know them. Happy REDnesday~

CACHANILLA73 said...

Oh yes!!! I we could 'get into' our favorites shows, As Time Goes By would be the one I would like to live in... ;-)

Susan Freeman said...

I red the Red Leather Diary and I enjoyed it very much!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Johanna said...

I am so sorry about your daughter, I hope everything works out for you and your family! Good luck on your finger too! The book looks very interesting, I will have to check it out!
Blessings,
Jo

CACHANILLA73 said...

Susan, I am enjoying the book soo much, I even would like to see a movie of it. ;)


Jo, thanks for stopping by. And yes!! the book is fascinating...

Minnie said...

Oh my gosh, that whole bullying situation is so ridiculous. I know school administrators face so many challenges these days but you would think they would take the matter of bullying seriously. I don't have to tell you that you and your husband should not have had to insist so much that they take action.

I love the look of that red book. Of course, since I have a fondness for red and weathered. But I will have to check out what it's about.

Also, I think I forgot to post a comment last week on your finger accident. Big Ouch. I think I would still be crying about it and certainly not blogging! I hope it's healing well and will be back to normal at some point.

CACHANILLA73 said...

Oh Minnie, it was RIDICULOUS!!! and the excuses they used were so dumb, we never got to talk to the Principal and to be honest I don't think that would of help at all. The kids don't have an ounce or respect for her.

The book is very interesting, life in the 30's wasn't that much different from now to a teenager girl.

And thank God!! my finger is healing so fast, about the blogging, well I took typing for 3 years, so I'm very 'handy' with the keyboard, lol...

Diann said...

I just love "Keeping up appearances"!!

CACHANILLA73 said...

I never get tired of watching Hyacinth..!!! ;-)

nannykim said...

I love Hyacinth--she always reminds us of my MIL who has now gone to be with the Lord. Hope, everything has worked out in the school situation!

CACHANILLA73 said...

Nannykim, I like hyacinth so much, makes me laugh. My daughter is still attending school, so far, everything ok.