Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A "now what" Rednesday...

Well, today we had another round with the Veterans Affairs and doctors from the VA Hospital. First the rheumatologist didn't hear a thing about My Boricua's fibromylgia pain, for her and 99 % of the Veterans Hospital doctors, all medical issues are because of the 'overweight', because My Boricua isn't "sleeping good" or because of something else except the fact He IS a combat veteran, the fact He was 6 looooong months in combat and He was exposed to God only knows what.

I am very, very tired, yesterday My Boricua told me with a sad voice: "You are not bubbly today"... you see, according to My Boricua I have a "bubbly personality" and He likes that. But yesterday I couldn't take it anymore, I broke down right there at his therapy session where we went after My Boricua experienced a break down. Now what...? Every link in the chain of command had failed Him.


I now realized I put my trust and faith in the wrong place. I should of come first to the One and Only, the One Who IS in control, the One Who allows a leaf in a tree to move.

Now for my Rednesday...


A deep red vase My Boricua gave once with flowers. These lilacs are from a neighbor's tree. I was walking back home after dropping off My Girls and I admired her tree, a very nice Lady, offered me some flowers to take home, of course I couldn't say no.






A magnet My Youngest Girl made for me a few years ago. I love it.

A board game found in a Salvation Army Store, in pristine condition.

And a Second Place Medal My Oldest Girl won at a school health competition. I am very proud of Her, She not only won the red ribbon medal in one week, She also won 3rd. place at a science fair project.



And last, a pic of My Bambino's bed. I love to lay down and rest in My Kids bedrooms, they are full of happiness. You know, He was breech when I was pregnant, He is already 5 years old, and I find it amusing that He sometimes sleep in this position.


If you find it in you heart I ask you for a prayer, for My Boricua, for my children, for me, for all the families, like us, that suffer the consequences of a war, for all our veterans and all our men and women in uniform.

32 comments:

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Your reds are charming! Love how the little bambino sleeps, just like before he was born. You and your family are now in my family's prayers.

Blessings,
Janelle

Debbiedoos said...

Very nice reds....and congrats to your daughter, she rocks!

CACHANILLA73 said...

Thanks Janelle!!!

Debbie, we are very proud of her. ;)

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Fun finds! We LOVE the game Cranium!! It is so much fun to play with friends!

CACHANILLA73 said...

YES... we love it too...

Ann said...

Of course I will certainly be praying for your husband, your children and yourself.
Congratulations to your daughter on her wins at school!!
Blessings to you and your family,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

CACHANILLA73 said...

Oh thank You Ann for your prayers... We are very proud of our daughters and sons.

Unknown said...

I will definately have your family and especially your husband in my prayers....I wish we could all do the right thing for our veterans! The VA is a scary place for sick people.....

CACHANILLA73 said...

Thank you Sand, I really appreciate your prayers. And Yes it is scary, there are some exceptions, we have encountered good nurses and personnel and very, very few doctors with understanding for our vets.

Donna said...

Hi, C,
Sorry you are having such a hard time with the VA. I went through that with my husband, but in the end, they pulled through for us. I will say a prayer for you and your family.
D

Angela said...

Thanks for sharing your reds,,and your heart with us..I will be praying..((Hugs))) Your post touched my heart...I will add you to my Fearless Friday post tomorrow...

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

You and your family are in my thoughts and in my prayers. I live right next to a VA medical Center here in Pa.
Debbie

CACHANILLA73 said...

D, thanks for your prayer. There are good doctors and personnel who are helping, but there are others who won't, that's when the frustration comes.

Angela, thanks for your hugs and prayers, thanks for stoping by.

Debbie, thank you! it breaks my heart to see all our veterans in all kinds of pain.

Angela said...

I posted yesterday about my 17 year old. You can read it at It's About Time where I share near the end what we are dealing with...SIGH...God IS good..all the time..even during the most painful times, He IS still good! ((hugs))

craftyles said...

Cranium is a great game. Will be thinking of your family.

★Carol★ said...

Of course you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. It really saddens me sometimes to hear the way our veterans are treated.
Those lilacs look so pretty in that red vase! And congrats to your daughter. What an incredibly smart girl!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

Susan Freeman said...

You must be so proud of your darling children! I will also remember your family in my prayers. Don't lose faith. God will provide.

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

CACHANILLA73 said...

Angela, I am praying for your family. Thanks for your kind words.

Craftyles, thank you. Cranium is fantastic, I had a blast playing with my girls.

Carol, thanks for your prayers. I love those flowers the house is fill with their aroma.

AshTreeCottage, thank you!! ;) We are very proud of our kids and of course we are proud of My Boricua. I will keep pressing on...

Sally Annie Magundy said...

I'm so sorry you're having a difficult time, sending lots of hugs!
I love the comment about your son still sleeping like he did in utero, so charming and dear!
Happy Rednesday,
Sally

CACHANILLA73 said...

Sally, thanks for the hugs. And yes! it is so charming when he sleeps in that position, mother nature is amazing.

Julie said...

You are so right on, Cotty...Stay close to your Savior, and He will keep you bubbling over for your sweetie. HIS strength is sufficient even when we are running on empty... God's best for you...and HUGS!!!

CACHANILLA73 said...

Thank you, Julie!!! :) I know having a cheerful soul is like sunshine in a cloudy day. I do pray to Our Lord to keep me happy to help My Boricua and make our home a piece of heaven on earth.

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Put your faith in God and pray, pray, pray. Wishing you all the best.
Happy Rednesday. Red will cheer you up, too. :-)

CACHANILLA73 said...

Thank you Joy!!! and Yes! red makes my days happier. ;)

SueLovesCherries said...

You said "every link in the chain of command has failed him". You did right by going to the top of the chain - our Lord is the High Commander of all and He will take care of everything. All you have to do is trust Him that he will do it.

I love that cute photo of your son sleeping - it's so adorable!

CACHANILLA73 said...

Sue, you are soooo right!!!! I didn't realize what I wrote, that thought came to me out of the blue. I do believe sometimes Our Lord puts words, thoughts or feelings in us, sort of a prophecy. You said it, He is The High Commander, He can win the battle for us.
;) I love to see my son when He sleeps like this, it is fascinating to me, how He can 'remember' He was in that position inside my belly.

Angela said...

Just wanted to let you know I've added your prayer request to my Fearless Friday post. ((hugs))

CACHANILLA73 said...

Oh, Thank you Angela!! ;)

Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) I wasn't very bubbly yesterday either (insert frown here).

CACHANILLA73 said...

Thank You Paula..!!! I know that feeling :(.... Hope everything gets better.

NN said...

Hi ¡ my baby have 4 years old, tooo.

CACHANILLA73 said...

NN, we have a lot in common. ;)