Sunday, May 2, 2010

Today was The Day...


It was an amazing day. Today My Girls received Jesus for the First Time. It was very emotional. There have been many things going on. My Boricua's health, the headaches with the Veterans Affairs and PMS.... =-( ahhhh PMS, don't we ladies love PMS??, yeah right!!! But nothing could make this day look gray, not even the clouds and the fact that the weather has been a nightmare, from snow last week till today when we had a very, very humid and hot day.

There were moments when I had to contain my tears, I missed my Family so much in this important day, but I know they were present in mind and spirit. After the Mass we planned to go to Limp Lizard, but it was full of bikers and rebels (nothing against them) drinking beer and having a really, really good time, so we thought it wasn't the right place for two girls in Communion attire, he he he... at the end we went for another Limp Lizard location and opted for take out, mmmmhh... delicious bar-b-q ribs, chicken, pull pork sandwiches (nothing compares to the North Carolina pull pork), fries, chili, corn bread, slaw, mmmmmhhhh.... delicioso!!!


After that delicious meal we all took naps, the air conditioner made it impossible to resist. It was good to rest after all the work we did getting ready for this day. Isn't our Lord Amazing?

6 comments:

Julie said...

Oh Cotty....another precious memory and special moment to cherish...You will always remember it when they are grown and gone...The sacred time , the delicious food, the cool air on the hot day...all stored up there to smile about when you look back.
The small sweet moments in life turn out to be the BIG ones... Hugs to you, and congrats to you for a special day. Glad it turned out well. God is good!

CACHANILLA73 said...

Yes Julie, those little moments are big. They are the foundation where we build our homes and lives. And Yes!! God is good, very good.

Blessings...

Julie said...

Cotty,
Thanks for visiting and super thanks for praying! You got a new profile picture! It looks awesome! Hope your Wednesday is awesome. Hope your hubby has a good day.
Hugs.

CACHANILLA73 said...

Oh Julie, you are welcome!! I do believe in the power of prayer. That picture was from last Sunday, My Girl's First Communion Day.
Happy Wednesday to You too. We'll see how the day goes for My Boricua. ;-)

Angela said...

what an amazing beautiful day! thanks so much for sharing. I always cry when I see the children partake for the first time and receive our Lord on this special amazing day.

CACHANILLA73 said...

Oh Angela, I wanted to cry so much, but I have to contain myself. There was this moment, when they were receiving the Communion and we as parents stood behind them, that was very intense, very emotional.